What I saw somewhat recently #90: January 6, 2022
Wow, 90 of these. I hope at or before 100 I go back through them all and pull forward some of my favorites. I hope most of these links still exist!
- Craig Pindell – I’ve been enjoying photos and the pages on his site.
- Unflinching Grace – A documentary about three women photojournalists.
- Egg Freckles – I dig this Newton styled website.
- CodePen’s podcast with Stephanie Eckles – Stephanie has a lot of irons in the fire. Reminds me of myself.
- Design Matters with Ethan Hawke – This one is going to stick with me for awhile. I’ve scribbled down a bunch of quotes from it. Here is one “Everything gets washed away like a sand castle anyway, so what do you want to do?”
- The work of Luisa Dorr – Amazing work. If I could make images 10% as good as Luisa I’d be happy. See also.
- Printing dryplates from the 1900s – I love this bit “how many more unknown female masters of photography were lost in time, still hiding in attics and cellars?”. Great question.
- Leo McGarry’s visual guide to The West Wing offices – I may have linked to this before but worth a re-link.
- A Cook’s Tour – Bourdain’s early series is available for free on YouTube.
You may see less of these types of posts since I’ve left social media behind and I think I’ll end up stumbling across only a fraction of the things I used to. But that will be a good thing. For both of us.