This changelog is primarily for my personal website -- its layout, pages, content, etc. However, in the final days of November 2022 I started building my own static site generator called Tuff. So this changelog also keeps track of some of the changes that I've made to my entire workflow and toolset.
2023.5.1 - May 11, 2023
- Updated search results to be at cruft free URLs. example
- Fixed a small layout issue for search results.
2023.5.0 - May 10, 2023
- New: Search! The first, crude version of search has been added to the site. Tuff is now Static+. More on this in an upcoming blog post.
2023.4.0 - April 13, 2023
- New: A new, lightweight light box for portfolio images.
2023.3.0 - March 23, 2023
- New: Tuff can now generate hundreds of thousands of image thumbnails in seconds. Really.
- Updated the dark mode toggle to be iconographic.
- Several copy updates.
2023.2.0 - February 7, 2023
- New: Tuff can build multiple websites now with their own layouts and content. Still lots to do.
2023.1.4 - January 26, 2023
- Fixed an issue with tag indexes.
- Less files are built when only building recent posts.
2023.1.3 - January 24, 2023
- Fixed several spelling mistakes in older posts.
- Improved local search
2023.1.2 - January 18, 2023
- Fixed an issue with post dates on tag indexes.
- Fixed URLs in command line search
- Fixed image captions in blog posts using CSS's :has - cool.
2023.1.1 - January 5, 2023
- Tuff now adds its version number to the HEAD and the build date and time to the footer.
- Cleaned up more portfolio captions
2023.1.0 - January 4, 2023
- Updated styling for
- Created a local command line search using
grepto quickly search through the site's markdown files and return a list of URLs where the content matches.
- Added basic support for Open Graph titles
- Also, 1.0! Or, the first release of 2023 is considered a 1.0 of Tuff
- Updated styling for
2022.0.16 - December 21, 2022
- Added a Dark Mode toggle option for those that don't want to use the system option. Added this option on shortest light day of the year. Seems appropriate. :-)
2022.0.15 - December 18, 2022
- Fixed a bug with podcast pages
- Updated tag index page titles
2022.0.14 - December 17, 2022
2022.0.13 - Deccember 15, 2022
- Speed! Cut build time by nearly 50% to give room for builds of date and tag indexes
- Updated some mobile styles
20222.0.12 - December 13, 2022
- The Mastodon favorites page is back. This being the first "plugin" for Tuff. Sort of.
2022.0.11 - December 12, 2022
2022.0.10 - December 10, 2022
- Fixed an issue with directory listing blocker files
- Created a backup routine that backs up content to local hard drives and the cloud. This is in addition to Time Machine. That will be 4 copies. Just like my photo library.
- Fixed caption styling for portfolio images. Example.
- Restored image size button to portfolio posts.
- Deleted some CSS and HTML! Much simpler layouts.
- Fixed some mobile styles.
- Fixed extra cruft URLs from homepage to portfolio
2022.0.9 - December 9, 2022
- tuff can deploy image assets on their own
- Added index.html files to empty directories
- Added a 404 page
- Several adjustments to mobile styles
- Cleaned up HTML a bit.
2022.0.8 - December 8, 2022
- Fixed dates in RSS feeds - Thanks UTC!
- Tuff now tracks the time a post was created
- Page titles!
- Fixed blog pagination URLs, and page counting
2022.0.7 - December 7, 2022
- Added this Changelog page
tuff newnow accepts arguments for "note, post, portfolio, podcast"
- Creating a new post inserts today's date into Markdown file
tuff buildnow defaults to building only recent posts
tuff build allrebuilds entire website
- Adjustments to social links in footer
- Fix: RSS feed was showing posts from the future Conan!
- Fix: Removed tags until they work correctly.
- Fix: Fixed changelog formatting.
- Build routine now opens Safari to local URL when complete.
- Brought the links page back
2022.0.6 - December 6, 2022
- Create a deploy routine using bash + rsync
- Fixed bugs with RSS feed creation
2022.0.5 - December 5, 2022
- New commands to create new files for titleless posts, posts with titles
- RSS feed updates
- Added redirects for social URLs E.g. https://cdevroe.com/yt for YouTube.
- Added a new build routine for building only recent posts
2022.0.4 - December 4, 2022
- Clean URLs
- RSS feed for blog posts
- Added day to URLs for blog posts
- All URLs from old site now match
- Removed date based URLs for portfoio and podcast
2022.0.3 - December 2, 2022
2022.0.2 - November 29, 2022
- Blog index pages
2022.0.1 - November 28, 2022
- First commit and build. Very basic Markdown parsing.