What I saw this week #59: August 23, 2019
At this point, the WISTW posts are woefully inaccurately titled and inconsistent in their schedule. The following are a few things I’ve seen recently that you may enjoy – but were certainly not just from this week.
- Das Boat – MeatEater, my favorite outdoor media company, has finally jumped into fishing. And they are doing so, for free, via YouTube. I’ve loved the first two episodes.
- The Pillar – Photographer Stephen Gill set up a camera on a fence post in a field to capture bird candids. Amazing results. This project was covered by The New Yorker.
- Fan art logo redesigns – Baboon redesigns logos from famous TV shows and movies.
- James Gurney on YouTube – I’ve interviewed James Gurney for The Watercolor Gallery. He’s a prolific artist and teacher. His videos are Bob Ross-esque in their calming tone. He recently had a video that went viral.
- Calculators on Flickr – A collection of calculator designs.
- Interview with Bruce Lee from 1971 – I feel like there was so much more to learn from Lee.
Now, to think about what to rename this series of occasional links.