What I saw somewhat recently #73: March 31, 2021
If you can believe it, this is my first WIS post from in 2021. I’ve been keeping a small backlog of links that I’ve wanted to share but mostly I’ve shared links here as separate posts. I think once I get to #75 I’d like to do a retrospective and pull forward all of my favorite links from the previous posts.
- Time-lapse videos of Earth – From the ISS. Be sure to watch them full screen.
- Seinfeld Ambience – Brilliant IG account.
- Mark Maggiori – Amazing portfolio of work from Maggiori who captures the American west and puts his own vibrant spin on it.
- Reverse engineering GTA – He wanted to make the game load faster and he did everything in his power to make that happen.
- The Louvre Collections – 400,000+ items now online. I’m going to take a few evenings and dive into this.
- Edinburgh photos – A collection of photos found from the 1960s.
- Sample Breakdown – A visual breakdown of the sampling for One More Time by Daft Punk.
- Chessformer – Puzzle game using chess pieces. Give it a try.
- Life-sized Razor Crest – A pretty great replica built by fans. I really liked that ship.
- Brewer Portraits – Portraits of brewers on film that are developed using beer. It is a bit of clickbait in that one could substitute any part of developer for some other liquid and get results. But, I thought this was a neat idea.
- Shuffle Hey World – Hey’s new blogging service built atop their email service has a shuffle button.
Let’s see if I can get back to a regular schedule with this post. I love looking back at them.