What I saw somewhat recently #66: August 18, 2020
Great list this week. See other lists.
- Vicariously – See what Twitter looks like for other users.
- James Sowerby Mineralogy – Exquisite digital collection of Sowerby’s painstaking illustrations. Great work and website.
- Film Photography Blogs You Should Follow – A growing and great list from Jim Grey. I’ll be sharing an OPML file of all of these in the near future. ICYMI
- Dorothea Lange at the Oakland Museum of California – A great way to explore Lange’s work in detail.
- The Lifeboat Station Project – I’ve been swooning over Jack Lowe’s project ever since listening to him on Episode 31 of the Large Format Photography Podcast. A years long photo project that is just so well done.
- 2020: an isolation odyssey – Lydia Cambron recreates the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey while in quarantine. Superb work on so many levels.
- The Art of Agnes Martin – All sorts of inspiration from her work.
- Rembrandt to Richter – This auction is already over with so if you happen to have a cool few million dollars laying around to spend on fine art, you’ll have to go elsewhere.
I wish somehow these lists were exhaustive and complete but they simply aren’t. There are so many great things I stumble across day-to-day and file away to get to. And I get to some of them. And I remember some of them. And these are those items.