Random WWDC 2019 thoughts:
- The iPadOS updates look like a good start to a new OS just for iPad. Esp. connecting storage. Looking forward to 3 years from now. Imagine how much more capable than iOS it will be.
- The Mac Pro isn’t for me but I’m very glad it exists. The performance really is mind-blowing.
- The new Display is amazing. It will be a number of years before it is affordable though. Truly a pro product. The audience’s reaction to the price of the stand is amazing.
- The speed updates to iOS (and the reduction in app sizes) seem like huge, huge news for this release.
- The simple video editing tools are stellar. I cannot even count the number of times I would have used that feature since 2007.
- Sign In With Apple is overdue but very welcome (though, unsure if I will use it or not, but good for many people)
- SwiftUI looks promising. I will be interested to hear the community’s response to it.
- The un-bundling of iTunes is finally happening. This happens to all popular software.
- I’ll be interested to see how font management works on iOS.
- I will withhold judgement until I use Dark Mode – but the only time I use it currently is in a code editor.
Overall, this seemed like a solid, solid WWDC. I’m sure there will be a lot more news over the coming week. But to me, it addressed the main things I was looking for: a commitment to the Mac, iPad OS updates, and for Marzipan (now Project Catalyst it seems) not to suck. Looks like I’ve got them all.