What I saw somewhat recently #84: July 23, 2021
Long week this week. Perhaps a long month. The above photo is about a mile upstream on the creek that edges our property where frigid mine water spills out. It is both cool and clear and runs all year long.
Enjoy this week’s links.
- JPEG XL – Looks like a promising standard to improve JPEG and have broader support than Apple’s HEIC.
- Ding! – A satisfying coin brick from Mario.
- This is Me – Behind the scenes rehearsal of the hit song from The Greatest Showman. I only wish I could be as good at anything that I do – or as convicted – as Keala Settle.
- Lightning selfie – Some young people riding their bikes took a selfie the moment lightning hit them. Hindsight is 20/20 but never hang out under a tree in a storm!
- This tweet about sleeping – I feel this.
- McCartney 3, 2, 1 – Paul McCartney and Rick Rubin chat and listen to music for a few hours. Do I need to say anything more? via Jack Dorsey. Side note: Hulu has no way of linking people directly to the show?
- Lora Webb Nichols’s work in The New Yorker – I must link to all things Lora Webb Nichols.
- Weather Strip – A pretty cool way to visualize a ton of weather data.