The slow web and POSSE
This year all of my posts, replies, and retweets on Twitter will be coming from this blog and not using the Twitter app (#OwnYourData). That probably means doing it at the end of the day. I’m hoping that will make them more considered (something we may all want to be in the coming years).
I have most notifications off (and have for years). And I plan on keeping it that way.
But, I’m not doing so well on what he’s talking about in the quoted bit above. POSSE, as the indiewebbers call it, is posting on my site here and then syndicating it elsewhere. My blog posts are syndicated to Twitter the way I’d like but not Facebook or Instagram (the other two networks I use the most). And I also find myself lazily posting directly to Twitter rather than through my site because the apps are so easy to use. I wish I did better.
Here is what I would need to do to pull this off personally:
- Post status updates, posts, audio bits, and photos to Facebook
- Post photos to Instagram
- Be able to retweet or quote tweet posts easily from my site (no idea how to do this)
- Show Twitter likes, replies, retweets, quote tweets on my site
- Show Facebook likes, replies, shares on my site
- Show Instagram commends and likes on my site
I wouldn’t have to do all of these to be happy, but I’d at least like to push the content to those networks. Maybe I’ll start there.