Should I update to Big Sur 11.1?

In early November I wrote that I’d be delaying my update to Big Sur. Specifically, I wrote:

I’ll be waiting for at least two releases before I update.

Well, 11.1 came out today. Depending on how you count, it is sort of the third release of Big Sur. There was 11.0, 11.0.1, and now 11.1.

Honestly, I had my eye on updating to Big Sur a few days after 11.2’s release. I figured that would happen sometime in late-January or early February. Surely by then many of the larger issues I’d read about will be resolved.

After reading Craig Mod’s tweets this weekend about Big Sur I’m tempted to update. I realize his comments are flavored by his using an M1 Mac, but that doesn’t make me much less eager to update.

Like hunger, if I wait a little while the feeling will fade away. Only to come back stronger in the near future.

Last Updated:

Powered by Hubbub Pro