WWDC 2016 wish list
Wish lists have been swirling around these last few days and many of them are quite good. But none of them are mine. So here is my wish list, not my predictions, for what will be announced today at WWDC.
- I hope Siri can do a lot more – I think we’re overdue on being able to say things like “Hey Siri, send the photo I just took to my wife.” Or “Hey Siri, open Spotify and play Jack White’s Blunderbuss.” Or “Hey Siri, find a note in Simplenote that I created on May 15th”. Or, even, “Hey Siri, show me all of the photos I’ve taken in Hawaii.”
- I already wrote my list for Photos and iCloud Photo Library. Any updates to these apps and services whatsoever would be nice since I use them so much. One thing I left out of that post; slightly better video editing. I don’t need iMovie. But a few more video editing tools built into the Photos app would be nice.
- I’m hoping for big, big changes in the new macOS (formerly Mac OS X). macOS is long overdue for a big update. I wouldn’t mind, even, if it sort of felt like a do-over.
- My only wish for the much rumored Apple Displays is that they are affordable. But I won’t hold my breath.
- Lastly, if there are some nice updates to tvOS I’ll pick up the new Apple TV.
Anything other than the above will be icing on the cake. I love Keynote days.