Marco Arment’s comment on his blog a few days ago got me thinking… we should be doing a better job to promote RSS. So here is one way to try doing it.
My RSS feed is http://cdevroe.com/feed
To subscribe to my RSS feed you need an RSS reader. There a tons of these for every platform. You can subscribe using Vienna (which I use), or Digg’s RSS reader, NetNewsWire, or Bloglovin. Search on Google or your phone’s App Store and find one you like.
If you’d like to help promote RSS you can. It is simple:
- Create a post on your blog
- Include a link to your blog’s RSS feed
- Include a link to an RSS reader that people can use, preferably free
- Promote it on Twitter using #ShareRSS
- Follow along using the hashtag and subscribe to interesting RSS feeds