June 10th, 2008
Engadget‘s Ryan Block, by Apple’s invitation, was able to spend a few minutes with an iPhone 3G. Â I’m linking to this both because I think Ryan’s notes are interesting, and because I’m surprised Apple had people see them when even Steve Jobs didn’t have one on-stage during his Keynote.
Here are some highlights from Ryan’s notes.
- Bandwidth tests confirmed about an 2x speed-increase.
- You can disable 3G (presumably to preserve battery life).
- Wifi is 802.11b/g but not N.
- Geotagging photos is possible. (hooray!)
- The dock is now sold separately. Docks from first-gen iPhones can not be used.
- You can use any 3.5mm headphone!
Source: iPhone 3G hands-on.