I’m bringing back my What I saw this week series of posts for 2019. Likely to be published on Fridays.
- The Julie/Julia Project archive via the Way Back Machine – After re-watching Julie & Julia I hunted down this archive to re-read Julie Powell’s original blog posts.
- Crypto Thesis for 2019 – Arjun Balaji helps to shore up some things I’ve been thinking about re: crypto. And, also fortifies my goals. Related: This Week In Startups #889 with Union Square Venture’s Brad Burnham.
- China lands probe on dark side of the moon – I’m so glad we’re going to see so much more of the moon over the next decade. Permanent human base please!
- 11,000 books from 1923 now available – Thanks to Public Domain Day and also thanks to The Internet Archive (which is likely the internet’s best treasure).
- I Was a Cable Guy. – This piece by Lauren Hough reminds me so much of this piece by Anthony Bourdain in the New Yorker that sprung a decades long career writing and making television. Perhaps this will be a huge boon for Hough as well.