Today I decided to go through the list of accounts that I follow on Twitter and cherry-pick those I think others should consider following and why. I’ve tweeted all of the suggestions but I also wanted to catalog them here on my blog.
- @jensimmons – Jen is writing tons of CSS tests so you don’t have to. Follow the coder.
- @destroytoday – Jonnie is crushing it. Freelancers check out @cushionapp. Follow the crush.
- @mlanger – Maria flies helicopters to vineyards and over cherry orchards for a living. Follow the pilot.
- @StephenCurry30 – Steph is arguably (more than likely) the best basketball player to ever play the game. Follow greatness.
- @elakdawalla – Emily writes and speaks about planets. Follow the solar system.
- @MinorPlanetCtr – MPC tracks near Earth objects. If the tweet says “Dist” is anything less than 1LD look up. Follow the meteors.
- @alexhillman – Alex writes about how coworking is about people not spaces. Follow the cultural shift of working better together.
- @ugmonk – Jeff makes carefully considered products. You buy them. Follow the maker.
- @maryrosecook – Mary explains coding and version control in a way we mere mortals can understand. Follow the smart.
- @MKBHD – Marques will help you decide what your next gadget should be. Follow the gadgets.
- @SimoneGiertz – Simone creates robots that slap her directly in the face. Follow the bot master.
- @adactio – Jeremy writes about the web and music. Follow the open, independent web.
- @lindaliukas – Linda is an author, programmer, etc that makes code look easy. Follow the polymath.
- @elonmusk – Elon is helping humans both get to other planets and to stop using fossil fuels. Follow the future.
- @JeremyLoops – Jeremy makes music & incredible photos.
- @jack – Jack made Twitter. Now he must “save” it. Follow him and let him know what to fix so we don’t lose it.
Update, September 23, 2016:
- @MrBenBrown – Ben is a daily vlogger explorer. Which might sound posh and boring but watch his Arctic series and then subscribe to his channel on YouTube and follow him on Twitter.
- @dudara – Joanne is a food blogger in Ireland (and sometimes Amsterdam). Follow the foodie!
- @Al_Humphreys – Alastair Humphreys is a micro-adventurer. He’s written books on the subject. Follow the adventurer.
These are just a few of the Twitter accounts that I’m currently following. The accounts that I follow change all the time. But my general goal is to have a timeline that continues to inspire me to make and share.